An update on the job front.... I had a job offer this month! It was such a surprise and so exciting... but I prayed about it for a while and I had this gut feeling it is not where the Lord wanted me. There was an uneasy feeling deep down that would not go away. Multiple folks told me to pay attention to that! So, I paid attention and I did not take the job. Like I said above, when it rains, it pours. I had 2 phone interviews this week with a pharmaceutical company for a sales position. I made it to the first face-to-face interview on Wed. (yea!!!) The interview was an hour and a half, and you know what... I walked out of the interview so confident that the Lord had gone before me. Now I am in the holding pattern to wait and see if I made it to round 2. I'll keep you all updated on that. Then, yesterday I was asked to interview for a position I applied for at a hospital near our house. I will definitely schedule that interview next week. All of this to say, I understand that God has gone before me. It's just a matter of waiting and trusting. I recently came to the end of my rope, knowing that I could not do any of this job search in my own strength and had to just lay this burden in the hands of our Father. If any of these positions are meant to be, then He will make a way.
As Amy Carmichael says (and by the way if you have never read any of her stuff, you better get on it!), There are countless promises given to us by the Lord for times when things are hard. There is one in the Old Testament, which was given first to Moses, then to Joshua: I will never leave you or forsake you (Deut. 31:6, Joshua 1:5). Lest we should fear that is was spoken only or specially to Joshua, the writer of a New Testament book quotes it just as if it was spoken to him and to all of us who read his book: I will never leave you or forsake you. So we may say with confidence, The Lord is my helper (Ps 118:6-7). I like that part, "with confidence", don't you? We are not meant to shake with fear when faced by temptations. We may look up to Him who conquered the powers of evil when He reigned from the Tree. Those powers can never say that He did not conquer them, for He both exposed them and made a show of conquering them openly. Therefore, we follow in procession behind a triumphant Christ! And if all our reliance is placed upon Him, we need never be defeated in spirit. Today, from hour to hour, He can and will lead us on to triumph- if we look to Him. And if some duty or service has been to be done which seems quite impossible, the same promise of help and triumph holds true. Over and over again I have seen the Lord do "impossible" things. I think He delights in the impossible!!! And He delights to meet the faith of the one who looks up to Him and says, "Lord, You know that I cannot do this- but I believe that You can!" Amen!
ps... 2 photos from Kerry and Preston's wedding..yea!!!
1 comment:
Hooray! I check your blog about every day, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I clicked on it today!!
I'm so thankful for the peace God has given to trust Him, Jess. And I totally agree that you have to listen to that "uneasy" feeling (ha, one of my class' vocab words this week). He WILL lead you without a doubt. And I love that you're resting confidently in Him. :)
I can't believe you've been married almost 6 months, either! It totally flies, huh? :)
Have a wonderful weekend with your hubby!!
Love,
Becca
Post a Comment