Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy Almost 2007!

Our First Christmas together as a married couple has been amazing! We went home to Tennessee and spent half our time with Eric’s family and the other half with my family. It was a really quick journey home, but well worth it. Jeff and Thomas were both home and it’s always great to see the brothers who aren’t around often. I can truly say that this Christmas I was a little overwhelmed by all of the nice gifts that were given to us! I included some photos from Christmas, so check out some of our gifts. Also check out Eric's special Christmas tie which he designed and made!




We made it back home on Christmas Eve with enough time to relax that night. We celebrated Christmas Day, just us… and it was wonderful! Last week Eric had to work, so we have been enjoying this weekend. I really can’t believe that tomorrow is 2007! Where in the world did 2006 go! Have we really been married almost 5 months! Woah! I am leaving tomorrow to drive to Knoxville. My brother and I are going to Mississippi on Tuesday to visit with the other side of my family. Eric will be spending his first week by himself since we have been married, so if you think about it- give him a call or an email… I know he’d appreciate it. We’ll finally see each other again next weekend because one of my best friends, Kerry is getting married! I am a bridesmaid and Eric will be playing cello. Tag-teaming it! Here is a photo of Kerry and Preston at our wedding rehearsal......

We have been friends since Freshman year of high school and I am so thankful for this dear friend that God has given me. I would describe Kerry as a calming and reassuring presence. She has shown me steady and consistent love over the years, and challenges me to extend the same to others. I was honored to have her stand beside me at my wedding, so I cannot wait to do the same for her. AND Eric and I love Preston and we are soooooo incredibly happy for them. Praise the Lord for what HE has done! So until next weekend!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Christmas looks fun! I'm so glad each part (both families, and your own Christmas in ATL) was a blessing--although I did miss seeing you in Knoxville! One of these days we'll work it out. :)

I hope your time with Thomas and the rest of your family is a blessing too! And please, please, give K & P our love on the big day! I'm so sad I won't be there for it. Please take pictures while you're getting ready and post them when you get back!! :) I'll have to live vicariously through you for this one. :) It felt totally different to me to be in a wedding after I myself was married; it made it extra exciting because I knew what a treat the couple was in for. :) I hope being in Kerry's wedding has the same added sweetness for you!
Love,
Becca

Becca said...

Hey, Jess!

How was your time in Mississippi with Thomas? And what are you up to? :) Did Eric have today off?

I hope your week is off to a good start. :)

Love,
Becca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...