Monday, December 11, 2006

It's Christmas time in the city





so i finally heard back about my job situation. i didn't get it. there were apparently 2 other candidates who were more qualified than i am. so, back to square one. honestly, i want to give up and quit. BUT-as our dear friend wes has told me several times, "courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." yes, i am scared to death. scared of rejection, constant pursuit of seemingly nothing, starting over, scared i made the wrong decision as to what major i should have chosen in school, scared that i wasted my time going to graduate school... i'm pretty much scared of everything. "but saddle up anyway", father teach me how to face this time with courage. SO to cope today, i tried to get into the holiday spirit. here are some photos of our place (all 800 square feet of it).

1 comment:

Becca said...

It looks so festive; you did a great job, Jess! :) I love the lit garland around the top and the creative stocking space--we got pretty creative with hanging our stockings last year, too. I thought we would this year as well, but lo and behold we found a house in FL with a chimney (don't ask me when we plan to use it). ;) hehe
As far as the job, I'm so sorry, Jess. You know from your post and my post that God has us very much on the same waiting and wondering, trying to trust and keep walking, wavelength. I love you, and I love your tenacious heart that's determined to get back up and try again. I totally understand the wanting to give up--the last thing I want to do right now is make friends and have them move or get to know others in our small group better whom I know are moving within 2 years due to schooling. Interesting how we're in places our hearts really can't pull themselves back up on their own--we NEED Jesus. And as hard as it is, what better place is there to be? We'll keep praying for encouragement, positive feedback, and the right door to swing WIDE open! I praise God for the faithfulness He's built in you, your supportive husband, and Godly friends close-by to keep walking with you. We're walking with you from afar!
Loving you!
Becca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...