Saturday, July 12, 2008

Vacation or Where we live?

Tomorrow marks the completion of two weeks in Alexandria, and Jessica and I continue to ask each other, "Can you believe we live here?" The answer, in short, is "no" we can't, but that hasn't stopped us from getting out and exploring DC and Northern Virginia! Today our adventures took us to Alexandria's weekly Farmer's Market and then to the National Mall to check out the Museum of Natural History. I think both Jessica and I were in our element being at the Farmer's Market this morning, which we found out was the market to which George Washington sent his Mount Vernon produce. Of course we were unable to leave empty-handed.

Ella's gotten in on the fun too. We've taken her to four or five new dog parks, but I think her favorite may be Ford's Landing, once the site of a shipyard and then a Ford plant. She has become quite fond of romping through the water of the Potomac River. I've attached some pictures below to illustrate our EPIC WASHINGTON, D.C. ADVENTURE!! (That may be a slight exaggeration, but we're still having fun, nevertheless.)





1 comment:

Becca said...

We are so thankful all 3 of you are enjoying Alexandria so much! What a praise! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...